JOB COSTING WIZARD
(Lauranka Time Clock Series 3)
This feature allows for the mass adding, modifying or transferring of employees punch times for either current or retrospective clockings
You should use this feature if you need to Add, Transfer or Modify a group of employees punch times for either current or retrospective clockings.
1. The 'Criteria From' option allows you to select the criteria (Cost Centre, Job and Date/Time) from which the punch alteration will take place.
The Date/Time can either be selected as per the current date/time or a retrospective date/time.
Once you have selected the required criteria, select 'Create On-Site List'. What this will do is create an on-site list of all employees who were on-site (according to the criteria) at the time selected.
2. Once the on-site list is created, you can then further select which specific employee's the action will apply to. From the 'Employee Onsite List' select the desired employees using the '>>' for all employees, or '>' for selected employees. (likewise you can unselect employees by using '<' or '<<')
3. You now have ability to change the selected Punch 'Criteria To':
- A different 'Cost Centre', and/or
- A different 'Job'
- These changes can be made against the current Punch Time or an altered Punch time using the 'Select Date/Time' feature.
4. The final step is to action the change. You have 4 different options:
1. Add (New Transfer) Job Costing Punch: This keeps the original punch and adds an entirely new Transfer Punch with the new/altered criteria.
2. Modify (Existing) Job Costing Punch: This will modify the original punch to a Transfer Punch with the new/altered criteria.
3. Add New Start/Stop Punch: This keeps the original punch and adds an entirely new Start/Stop Punch Punch with the new/altered criteria.
4. Modify (Existing Punch) to a Start/Stop Punch: This will modify the original punch to a Start/Stop Punch Punch with the new/altered criteria.
The difference between a Start/Stop Punch and a transfer Punch is:
Start/Stop Punch: These are essentially a single punch (I.e. either Start or a Stop punch).
Transfer Punch: These punches are treated in 1 of 2 ways. If it is the first or last punch of the work day then it will essentially be automatically treated as a single punch. If the clocking occurs during the middle of the working day then it will be treat as a Transfer Punch (I.e. it will automatically create a dual clocking being a Stop and a Start).
Please note no alterations are able to be made to punches that fall within a Closed-Off period.