JOB COSTING WIZARD
(Lauranka Time Clock Series 3)
This feature allows you to create, allocate and rotate Shifts by employee by day.
Firstly please remember if you wish that the Roster/Shift Rules take precedent over an Employee's default 'Group' Rules, you must choose the option 'Apply Roster' within the 'Group' setup screen (this is a one-off setting for each applicable Group).
The Rostering function has a number of different features, they are explained below in the typical order you might approach them:
1. Shifts: This feature (the 'Shifts' button at the bottom of the page) allows you to create and setup a new shift. Once setup this shift can then be allocated to one or more employees.
Code - This is the short code to recognise the shift.
Description - This is the description of the shift.
Shift Start Time
Before - This is the start of the revision time prior to the Shift Start time (in minutes).
I.e. If Start = 7:00 and Before = 45 (min), then if somebody on this Shift Clocks In between 6:15 and 7:00 the hours will be calculated from 7:00.
Start - Shift Start Time
After - This is the finish of the revision time after the Shift Start time (in minutes).
I.e. If Start = 7:00 and After = 5 (min), then if somebody on this Shift Clocks In between 7:00 and 7:05 the hours will be calculated from 7:00.
Shift Finish Time
Before - This is the start of the revision time prior to the Shift Finish time (in minutes).
I.e. If Finish = 17:00 and Before = 5 (min), then if somebody on this Shift Clocks Out between 16:55 and 17:00 the hours will be calculated to 17:00.
Finish - Shift Finish Time
After - This is the finish of the revision time after the Shift Finish time (in minutes).
I.e. If Finish = 17:00 and After = 30 (min), then if somebody on this Shift Clocks Out between 17:00 and 17:30 the hours will be calculated to 17:00.
Auto Break - This allows you to set an unpaid break after so many hours of continuous work specific to this Shift. To activate select the 'Active' to 'Yes', defined the 'Period Before Break', and then lastly select the 'Break Length.
2. Allocating Shifts: The main table on the Rostering screen is where you allocate Shifts (once created) to employees.
To allocate a Shift, simply select the desired employee and applicable date and using the pull-down tab against the day select the shift.
If you are also using the Job Tracking Module you can select via the 'Costing detail' button at the bottom of the screen the applicable Job and/or Cost centre for a selected shift.
Once you have allocated a Shift, you can copy this to other days by right-clicking on the top right-hand corner of the day box (where the hours duration is displayed for the day) and selecting Copy. You can then select the desired day to paste to by left-clicking in the top right hand corner of the day box (they will turn yellow). Then finally right-click and select Paste.
Please note you can select multiple days to copy, and likewise select multiple days to copy to.
3. Copy: Once you have setup a Roster for an employee, you can then copy this Roster to other people (the 'Copy' button at the bottom of the page).
To copy a Shift:
1. Have the Shift you wish to copy displayed on the main Roster Screen.
2. Select 'Copy'.
3. Highlight the days in yellow you wish to copy.
4. Select the Employees you wish to copy the selected Rostered days to.
5. Finally press 'Copy'.
4. Rotate: Once you have setup a Roster for a period, you can then rotate a desired period forward (the 'Rotate' button at the bottom of the page).
To rotate Shifts:
1. Select 'Rotate'.
2. Select the desired employees you wish to rotate their Shifts forward for.
3. Select the Range of the Roster to rotate (i.e. 1 week, 2 weeks, etc).
4. Select the Period that the roster covers (will highlight the applicable weeks in yellow).
5. Decide how many Periods to rotate/copy the Roster forward.
6. Select if you wish to Overwrite (or not)any existing Shift Rosters that may exist.
7. Finally press 'Rotate'.